When moving or replacing a controller in the OnGuard interface you must do the following:
- Remove all affiliations from the Reader in System Administration. (TZ Reader modes and access levels)
- Delete the reader from system administration.
- In the Wi-Q Interface Config tool, right click on the reader and 'remove association' with the portal gateway.
- Delete the reader from the Portal Config Tool.
- Set the reader up in System Administration under the new portal gateway.
Question: Why do I have to do step 1?
Answer: Because the SQL trigger that removes the access levels and timezone readers from the AccessControl Database do not remove the associations from our tables leaving them in the WiQAccesslevelTzGroupAssocs table.
Question: If I already deleted the reader in System Administration without manually removing it from timezone reader modes and access levels, how can I delete it?
Answer: Call technical support at 800-392-5209 option 1, 3, 1 to remotely remove the association from the AccessControl database. Technical Support will need remote access to the database via a Web Support tool such as LogMeIn123.com.